Monday, November 4, 2013

Choose Joy

No more let sins and sorrows grow,
Nor thorns infest the ground;
He comes to make His blessings flow
Far as the curse is found
Far as the curse is found
Far as, far as the curse is found.
(Joy to the World)

Since it's November, that means I've built my Christmas playlists on Spotify and have begun listening to them while working in the office. One of my favorite albums is Steven Curtis Chapman's JOY. Sure, the songs are great - but the thing I enjoy most about it is that it was written after his family experienced a terrible tragedy with the death of one of their children. Dealing with difficult trials can make you want to give up, but the fact that he still has "something to sing about" encourages me to worship God when I'm feeling down.

You have to look past sadness, loneliness, discouragement, and bitterness to see the joy in small things.



No comments:

Post a Comment