Sunday, September 5, 2010

Time Spent

So this is the first time I have blogged in a LONG time! Sometimes it is therapeutic, so hopefully things that I deal with may help someone else--who knows?!


Lately I have been thinking about the fact that I graduated from high school 10 years ago. WOW--what happened to those years? Sometimes they seem so far away, and other times it seems like just the other day. 4 years of college, then working for 3.5 years, then living overseas serving as a missionary in Ghana for 1.5 years, and now back home. What a whirlwind of events! There's really no way to describe all the changes that took place in my life over that time. It would be better to just look through pictures--or look through my diary (but lots of the pages are ripped out...somewhat of a bad habit).


I believe that God puts every person in our path. Every smile, hand, hug, hurt...everything. I don't know when or if we ever get to look back and figure out why we go through things we go through. Do you ever feel like you wasted time worrying or wondering if things would ever work out the way you wanted them to? I have. It hurts sometimes to think about it. The amount of time you spend waiting anxiously to see what God has planned. I wish it was more clear than it is--to me at least.


Over time, maybe I will make sense of everything, but some things don't happen overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment